Friday, May 21, 2010

Forebear Friday


This is Ann and John, mother and father of James (along with 11 other children!). Taken in about 1911. These are my Great Great Grandparents on my Dad's side. John came over from Portugal when he was 21 or so to escape his very strict father (or so the story goes). Ann was born in England.

When I was researching the family history on Ancestry I kept seeing another person with the same family members in her tree as well, so I sent her a message and it's ended up that we're 2nd or 3rd cousins, but the funniest bit is, she lives just in the next suburb and we get along really well and have kids roughly the same age...small world. So these are Chantal's Great Great Grandparents as well. Chantal does lovely crafty things also, maybe it runs in the family.

5 comments:

Jill said...

How lovely for you to have found family so close to home!

TK said...

I really look forward to seeing what you bring out on Forebear Friday...loving the old piccies!!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Jill and TK said exactly what I wanted to say - how lovely to not only find a long lost cousin, but one who lives so close and you get on with well. And, I love seeing your photos on Forbear Friday - they are gorgeous - even more I love hearing about the people in them.

Chantal said...

I love this photo : )
.. and such sweet sentiment in your post! I am both very proud and very happy to be newly found cousin.

Pat said...

I find your blog most interesting, and really like those hexigon pin cushions. Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!