Monday, April 26, 2010

A few things...

I have to show you what Ella had for breakfast on her birthday the other week. Porridge with 'birthday sprinkles'. A great example of how to easily turn healthy food into not so healthy!


I haven't been doing a whole heap of sewing lately because I've been trying to get my Made It shop and my Etsy shop ready for launch. Getting there, it gets a bit tedious doing all the policies and profile. Yesterday was my sister-in-law's birthday so made these luggage tags and a passport holder for her. She goes overseas at least once a year so they should come in handy.


Today I sat down and thought about packaging for the stuff I'm going to sell. I made these swingy tags to attach. I have heaps of scrap booking paper so am putting it to good use and printing on the back of it then cutting it out and rounding off the corners...easy! I'll attach them with yarn out of my stash. Now I just need to get some sort of business card to put in with the order and I think I'm set.


And one last photo of what my sisters house is called...for all the Dr Who fans out there.

5 comments:

Lucy C said...

I haven't been to Gallifrey for a while now. Or IKEA, come to think of it!

yardage girl said...

Good luck with the shop preparations - love the swing tags! Nic

Liesl said...

I do love all those sprinkles on the porridge. I once saw Smarties going into Weetbix at our place, which I think is slightly worse!

Do you know about Vistaprint? They have freebie deals all the time and you can often get business cards made up for free or at low cost. I can't personally vouch for how fast or good they are, but I know there are a few craftspeople round who like ordering their stuff.

Kate said...

Don't tell anyone but we have sprinkles on our porrige on Friday mornings. We are all tired by Friday and that helps cheer us up. I found fairy sprinkles in the super market, have you seen those.
Loving all the prep for the shop.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

You have done such a beautiful job of those luggage tags and passport holder, your sister-in-law will love them. I love your new tags for your shop, great idea. I have used Vista print, they are quite professional looking cards...you just get inundated with emails forever after :-)